National Research Policy and Strategy
One of the main function of NRCT is to formulate national research policy and strategy, and to set the direction in which the national research main plan is driven. The National Research Policy and Strategy covering five years period has formulated since 1977 as a research implementation guideline for research agencies and a framework for the analysis of research proposals submitted by government agencies for annual budget allocation. It also provides a policy basis that is corresponding with the National Economic and Social Development Plan.
The Eight National Research Policy and Strategy (2012-2016) has an aim to produce and utilize high quality researches for a balanced and sustainable national development for Thailand. Priority of budget allocation will be given to research projects that comply with the 13 target research grouping : Application of Sufficiency Economy; State Security and Good Governance; Education Reform and Knowledge Creation; Water-resource Management; Global Warming and Alternative Energy; Agricultural Sustainability; Health Promotion, Prevention and Rehabilitation; Environmental Management and Development; Cutting-edge Technology for Industry; Tourism Management; Elderly Society; Logistics; and Research System and Reform.
The current policy and strategy comprises of 5 research strategies which are as followers:
1. Development of social development potential and capability
2. Development of economic development potential and capability
3. Conservation, promotion, and development of natural resources and environmental capital
4. Development of innovation and research personnel potential and capability
5. Reform of the national research system for the management of knowledge, research findings, innovations, inventions, resources, and national wisdom towards their commercial and public utilization through suitable strategies that will make them extensively available to the public and civil society
The Eight National Research Policy and Strategy (2012-2016).pdf
The Eight National Research Policy and Strategy 2012-2016 (Summary).pdf
The Eight National Research Policy and Strategy 2012-2016 (Five national research strategies were identified).pdf